Thursday, August 4, 2011

Pinterest much?


This summer will not go down as being one of my best.  Money has been tight, the kids are working and with Darren's new job, there is very little room for planning any trips.  Having said that, I must first thank my friend Kathy.  She showed me a new site online that has become pretty addictive but also inspiring.  Pinterest has helped made my summer just a little bit more exciting and as a result, I've improved some areas of my life.  For some, this means too much time on the computer but for me, its another way to stretch my imagination since goodness knows, that wasn't a talent I was blessed with, lol!  This is what I've been up to during a rather uneventful summer... 

 My ribbon holder that cost pennies was an old box I found at Maritime Demolition Limited .  Love that place!  I also bought the rod that holds the ribbon with the box.  With a lick of paint, I had it looking shiny and new, lol.  My honey cut the rod into the desired lengths and bought some nuts(he didn't like the rusty ones that came with the rod) to hang them.   The ribbon holder tutorial came from Pinterest.  Theirs is a bit more rustic but since we're re-doing our kitchen and dining room, I painted mine to go with the new color scheme.
While this little gem I've been working on will sit on my desk, when its done.  The picture showing the finished project is the packaging.  However it gives you a general idea of what it will look like.  I found the kit for this at Carsand Mosher.  I'm excited to get my little space that much closer to being my own and organized.  Speaking of my space, here's a look at my little corner in the house.  For those of you who have been in my home, you know that space here is at a premium, lol.  Its a tiny house with a whole lotta people in it.  We've been here 11 years and the chances of me getting my own craft room in the near future is
pretty slim.  Any real estate available here is in our petite dining room where we also keep our computer.  It sure doesn't take much for it to become a mess so I'm grateful it was fairly tidy when I decided to update my blog.  If you notice my paper holder next to the computer armoire, it's one of the items I got as a part of my $10.00 deal from  Maritime Demolition Limited .  At some point I may paint it along with everything else so it all flows but for now it's enough that I've got something to hold my papers in.  The top shelf holds my Stampin' Up catalogues, the second shelf holds my DPS papers and the bottom ones hold my cardstock.  I know, I know, its pretty tame compared to most but hey, it works for me.  Of course on the very top of the shelf is my

travel bag for club nights.  I had originally wanted to have my desk facing the window but alas, it just didn't work.  Can't have everything, right?  Right!  See that little chair at my desk.  That's the chair that belonged to a bedroom set my mother bought me years ago when I was a young pre-teen girl.  I plan on re-upholstering it and give it a fresh coat of paint to go with my workshop.  I had planned on using the chair in my $10.00 bargain picture but have since reconsidered that idea.  My hubby hung the racks for the punches.  This idea I stole from my friend, Lis.  Like I said, I'm not blessed with imagination but I know a good thing when I see it.  The cork board has been sitting around for ever and has finally found a home.  It houses all my clear stamps that are not  Stampin' Up.  After looking at this scene, I want you to close you eyse and imagine that my walls are a dark chocolate, the wainscotting(which is being replaced) is a soft Caribbean blue and the trim is the color of sand.   These are the current colors in my living room and entry way.  Hopefully the kitchen and dining room will be those colors before the year is out.    It's on the "honey-do" list for my very busy husband, sigh! 

  I'll blog about the tasty new dishes I've been cooking up for my family.  Since I can't go anywhere this summer, I might as well enjoy doing the things I love to do. 

1 comment:

Channynba said...

Pinterest is amazing...I am hooked and addicted.