Sunday, October 17, 2010

Middle Eastern Party, a.k.a., My Birthday

Saturday morning began just like any other Saturday.  It's the only day I get to really sleep in and usually my lovely husband brings me cocoa in bed and lets me enjoy some quiet time.  On this particular morning I was feeling sad, an emotion I am very familiar with but haven't experienced in a long time.  For whatever reason, I just felt like crying.  I don't think it had anything to do with my upcoming birthday in which I am turning a very young 45.  There was nothing heavy going on in my life. I just felt blue.  As a result my hubby left me in bed for most of the day, bringing me breakfast and lunch and just letting me veg.  Sometime, around midday he came down to our bedroom and told me to stay in bed as long as I needed to but I had to be showered and dressed by 5:00...he was taking me out to dinner for an early celebration.  I usually love going out to dinner but we were watching Hayden for the afternoon and I really didn't want to miss out on our time together.  However my husband wasn't taking no for an answer and insisted I got ready when 5:00 was drawing near.  I did manage to get going and only later found out why he was so insistant.   Can I just take the time to say how much I love this man and how he has always loved me unconditionally.  My feelings have always meant something to him.  He has seen me at my worse and still loves me.  As a result of his love for me, he chose to surround me with all the people that I love to celebrate my birthday.  This was the result...







3 comments:

WCreativeDesigns said...

Oh Lesley it looks like you had such a wonderful evening with Family and Friends. Hope you soaked it all up you deserve it. Happy Birthday!

Christina said...

Happy Birthday! That looks like such a fun night.

Channynba said...

happy birthday...it looks like you had a heck of a night.