Sunday, February 20, 2011

Good, Better, Best...

Technology is a beautiful thing when you know what you're doing, lol!  I have had the good fortune to work in a high school that allows me to take computer courses which enables me to learn how to use a computer.  Sadly, I tend to forget it as soon as the term is over, sigh.  Having said that, I am so grateful to live in an age where the information highway is at our fingertips.  There is so much out there that I don't know,but the opportunity is there to learn.  For now, my interests lies within a very small circle.  Call me selfish or old or just content, but I have no desire to pursue anything more than what amuses me.  I leave all else for the young minds.  What I have discovered about this technology is that it feeds my passions well.  There have been a few sites that have kept me glued to this piece of equipment far more than I should.  In fact I find the need to reward myself with 10-30 minutes of computer time depending on what household chores I complete, lol!  It's the only way I can keep myself from getting swallowed up on all the wonderful sites out there.  Due to this super highway of information, my simple pleasures are fed.   I am amazed at how creative people can be.   Mason Cooley once said, "Art begins in imitation and ends in innovation
     
 www.cheekykitchen.com  encouraged me to do this...

www.dawnstampingthoughts.com showed me how to make a few of these...



www.amybutlerdesign.com inspired me to be innovative


and as a result I made this...


With the internet, the possibilities are endless.  It can be a curse to those who misuse it, a worry to parents who are ignorant of it and a weapon for those who abuse it.  Like anything with power, it should always be handled with care. Having said that, there is so much good that comes from technology.  It is up to each of us to find what is good, better, best about it. 

2 comments:

Karen Bing said...

WOW,,,check you out blogger queen this week, and it's fantastic, I love seeing all you've been creating, it's FANTASTIC!! Those rolls and bread looked amazing... cute cards as always and the little bag was super cute!! So many great talents... thanks for sharing and keep it up :)

The Full Nelson said...

There are so many great ideas on the internet, wish I had the time and skills to try my hand at all of them! Your pasta looked super yummy in your other post. I'm jealous! I love fresh pasta!