Saturday, March 10, 2012

It's the little things...

The english teacher at the local high school where I work, reads from this book.  I really enjoy hearing what others consider "awesomeness"!  so I decided to write what makes me go aaaahhhhhhhh!

1.  Entering the house after a long day at work and unlatching my bra, sigh!

2. Opening up a new bottle of Cheez Whiz and spreading it on crackers before anyone else touches it or puts it in the fridge where it gets cold and icky!

3. Deciding to bake something yummy and finding all the ingredients in my cupboard!

4.  Finding $5, $10, $20 or even a loonie in pockets of clothing you haven't worn in a while!

5.  Having my husband bring me cocoa every Saturday morning in bed(he hasn't been since I gave up sugar, lol)!

6.  Seeing Chelsea smile when I Skype her.

7.  Going to the hairdresser and walking out feeling like I really like this haircut!

8.  Hearing Hayden say, "I love you Lola"!

9.  Going to bed and falling asleep immediately!

10.  Looking in the mirror and liking what I see!!!!

I wonder what makes you go aaaaaagggggghhhhhh!

4 comments:

Launna said...

I love this idea Leslie, I may use this is one of my upcoming blogs.

One thing that makes me go ahhh....

Talking with a good friend where I can just be myself and say whatever I want and knowing they will get me if even if it sounds silly to other people.

Becca Jane said...

Haha, LOVED this post!

I LOVE nursing my babies, but I HATE that it forces me to wear a bra 24 hours a day for an entire year! Haha! Can't wait to sleep without one, although the thought of being done nursing Claire in just 5 months makes me want to cry.

I love that feeling of closing the door and turning off the hall lights when my babies are in bed....time for treats and a book!!

I love it when my pumpkin muffins come out of the oven.

The feeling when my airplane LANDS...I'm on solid ground!! :)

Nate. Just all of him.

YOU! I love you!

Kristi Drennan said...

Love this! I have this book but haven't read it yet. It's on my LARGE list though!

Terri said...

OK, that first one deserves a comment!

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!

I loved it and boy do I agree! Men just don't get it! ;-)

Great post!

My ahhhh.... is... hmmmm

-driving across the Confederation Bridge in the spring when all the colours of PEI are the brightest... I love coming over the rise and seeing the blue/green of the ocean, really GREEN grass and the stunning rust red soil... mmmmm I miss that.

-spring in general is my favourite time of year... fresh newness, Easter and Rrrrrrrrroll up the rrrrrim. lol

Thanks for the post Lesley!
terri